I agree that the NOAA site is harder to use but this app really makes Skew T practical for local and trip flight planning. I’ve always found the skew-t diagram to be interesting, but not all that useful for several reasons. For one thing, it’s a snapshot of what conditions were—often hours ago. In my area, the balloon at KMFR goes up about 4pm and 4am. If you fly at noon, you’re looking at data that’s 8 hours old that was obtained at night. Daytime heating can change the weather radically.
I already know how to organize my apps in folders. I certainly don’t need Apple to decide for me how to. So, the way it sits now – there in a option for me to let Apple control how I want to organize my apps, but no option to tell Apple I don’t want them controlling the organization of my apps. I’m one of those people who can organize for themselves. Default organization is as bad if not worse than no organization. I’m never going to find what I need quickly just by going to the “productivity folder” when I have literally 30+ apps I.
Nice App! But ..
Location awareness to automatically download your weather information based on your current location. Meteogram view for weekly and hourly forecast that provides an easy, at-a-glance view of what is expected out of the weather. My wife says I’m a weather addict, and it’s true. I can watch the weather forecast over and over and not get tired of it.
On April 8, 2014, the Weather Channel and DirecTV both settled on a new agreement , with the provider restoring the channel on channel 362 the following day. Access to local weather content using the red button feature did not return until May 2, 2014. On May 24, 2010, the Weather Channel announced that it had reached a new multi-year carriage agreement with Dish Network, the financial terms of which were not disclosed. Despite the earlier announcement that the Weather Channel would be dropped, the channel was never officially removed from Dish Network. The Weather Cast ceased operations in anticipation of the launch of a Weatherscan-based service announced as part of the agreement that would provide local weather information for Dish Network customers. The proposed movie scheduled for the Friday after the deal was struck , Gorillas in the Mist, was dropped in favor of a six-hour marathon of Tornado Road.
Please Share Your Location To Continue
App Library is totally useless and hogging up space. I don’t understand why anyone would want this on their phone. Apple should have given the choice if I want to have “App Library” instead of dumping it on my iphone. Apple should implement a choice as to if I want this feature.
- If you’re looking for a complete weather icon vector set, check Download Weather APK for Android this out.
- Moving even further down reveals the hourly and daily forecasts, so you can quickly and easily plan out when you’ll want to grab the umbrella or snow boots.
- Because they can track your location, the best weather apps for your smartphone can deliver up-to-the-moment specific info about the conditions where you are.
- 1996 also saw the launch of The Weather Channel’s website, weather.com.
- If you don’t want to use the App Library, you definitely don’t want this to happen.
- Archeologists have discovered that dwarf wooly mammoths thrived on the island until the last Ice Age ended 11,000 years ago.